What is blood management?
Blood management is the appropriate provision and use of blood and blood products, and strategies to reduce or avoid the need for a blood transfusion to improve patient outcomes.
Why is blood management necessary?
- Less exposure to emerging viruses and infections
- May reduce reoccurrences of cancer
- Limited supply of certain blood types
- May reduce post-operative infections
- Minimal storage time of blood
Copyright © 2011 Carolina Autotransfusion, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
Serving the Carolinas and Georgia since 1989